- 4 stalks rhubarb
- 2 inch root ginger, grated
- 50g caster sugar
- 120g soft cheese, Philadelphia works well
- 4 ginger nut biscuits
- 10g butter, melted
- Crush the biscuit to a fine crumb mix in the melted butter. Split the base mixture between two metal cooks rings. Place in the fridge to set.
- Cut the rhubarb into inch size chunks, put in a hot saucepan with the sugar, the grated ginger and a little splash of water. The rhubarb will only take a few minutes to cook through. Remove two of the chunks plus a little of the syrup and set aside, this will be used for decoration when serving. Cook the remaining rhubarb for a few more minutes, taking care not to burn the mixture. Once the rhubarb is soft remove the pan from the heat.
- One the rhubarb mixture has cooled a little, beat together with the soft cheese before generously spooning over the biscuit base then put back in the fridge to set.
Rhubarb is at its best for about another three weeks, try this cheesecake recipe now and you'll be counting the weeks until next February.